"Easy-to-win contest rules
EASIER to win because everywhere you look you see scrap-book material and because neatness and originality count. Here you can paste up just any kind of scrap-book you want; in other contents where you are told exactly what to do you are obliged to stay within very narrow limits.
There are hundreds of scrap-book subjects in magazines and newspaper pictures. Make a scrap-book on babies, movie stars, pictures contrasting yesterday and today, dogs or other pets-or any subject you choose. Remember, originality and neatness in the arrangement are what will be judged.
1. Cut pictures and items on any subject you choose, from magazines or newspapers or anywhere, and arrange them in scrap-book. Originality and neatness will be deciding factors in contest. Scrap-books may be of any size or number of pages. Use this scrap-book may be of any size or number of pages. Use this scrap-book or make one of your own. This book is merely provided for your convenience.
2. Sheaffer’s Skrip, successor to ink, must be used in all written work. Sheaffer’s Para-Lastik must be used in all pasting. For coloring you must use Sheaffer’s Skrip in any of its six different colors. Important Outside cartons of Sheaffer’s Skrip and Sheaffer’s Para-Lastik, or reasonably exact facsimiles, must be placed in scrap-books when submitted. No cartons, no prizes.
3. individual contests close March 22, April 12, May 3, May 17, May 31. Contest for grand prizes closes June 1. Prizes awarded two weeks after close of individual contests. Grand prizes awarded June 22. Any number of scrap-books may be submitted by an individual. Scrap-books not receiving a prize in any one individual contest are automatically placed in next contest and also in contest for Grand Prize.
4. Winners notified by mail. Decision of judges will be final. In case of tie duplicate awards will be made. Judges: a clergyman[…] and an artist. Originality of subjects and neatness in the arrangement count. Richness and distinctiveness of materials do not count.
5. No scrap-nooks returned. Contest open to everyone except employees or relatives of employees of W.A. Sheaffer Pen Company, their representatives, and advertising agencies (Contests apply in U.S.A. only).
6. Mail your scrap-books to “SCRAP-BOOK CONTEST”, W.A. SHEAFFER PEN COMPANY, FORT MADISON, IOWA.
Now get busy. There are thousands of interesting scrap-book subjects available. Don’t limit yourself to one book. Make several – increase your chances of winning. Start today!
5 CONTENTS, 5 DATES: March 22, April 12, May 3, May 17, May 31
Scrap-books must be mailed to W.A. Sheaffer Pen Company Contest Dept. Fort Madison, Iowa. on or before midnight on contest date to compete in that contest."